The other night, Jabe Bloom and I were preparing a podcast episode. We know since ages but don’t get to meet as often as we should and would like to.
There was some gold in the preparation and so I thought I’d share some bits of our conversation on video.
Here some topics we cover:
- How to deal in management with the tension between love to the thing you produce and the process required to do it efficiently.
- Makers, Pioneers and Fitters
- The challenge of minimising policies. Policy hygiene?
- Design as the challenge to find the best spot in grey between the extremes
- Two certain ways to kill something
- Harmful amounts of process endangers us to act in bad ways
- Necessary Levels of abstraction bring necessity of translation
Jabe founded Praxisflow in 2014 together with Kevin Behr, where he is CoFounder & Chief SocioTechnical Officer. He lives in Pittsburgh, PA with his family, where he also is working on his Ph.D. in Design. Jabe is @cyetain on twitter
Stories Connecting Dots
If you like this video, make sure you subscribe to the podcast so you don’t miss the episode we’ll do together.
If you are generally interested in these topics, you can also subscribe to my newsletter.
I also offer Retreats, travels to remote locations giving time, depth and distance to think on deep issues.